Monday, July 27, 2009

Wells Gray




A weekend camping with the kids means time with my lovely mom, Lola as well as peaceful guitar tunes!




















Watching the "Mushbowl", Murtle River














Sat. July 25
Helmcken Rim Trail
Approx 2 hours

easy level trail
soft trail bed
a few hikers and dogs
one wrong move and you're gone exposure-if you're overly frisky take a leash
shady forest
a flower
river for drinking

1 paw up





a flower










Sun. July 26
Trophy Meadows Trail
Approx. 1 1/2 hours

soft trail
clearcut, then shady forest
immense meadows of flowers and not one ground squirrel
a few streams for drinking
a few hikers and dogs, a leash would be good
be aware of unremarkable gray clouds
2 paws up




A bolt of lightning sent the humans to the ground and scared me out of my fur! We scampered a few feet out of the meadows and back into the trees to find we had nearly been the target. Glad I'm short! This blazing lightning strike extinguished quickly. We took our jangled nerves back to the parking lot.
Yikes

2 comments:

longdogyarns said...

I'm so happy you guys didn't get hit by lightning! I"m going to make sure you guys start hiking with rubber hats on

Anonymous said...

I learn the guitar...


my tips gruitar