Monday, November 10, 2008

Manning



July 13, 2008

Three Brother's Trail, Approx. 20-22kManning Prov. Park

Gaining elevation to get back to the car seems wrong. Not satisfied with the First Brother, we had to visit the second one as well.

trailbed soft except for final ascent

I needed a boost over boulders a couple times, gangly legged dogs will have no problems

BIG, howling wind on the summit. "W" carried me on the narrow ridge so I wouldn't blow off.

birds

lots of people, fewer after the meadows

water for drinks

I'm a little guy, close to the ground. It was hot and dry. My eyes and nose got full of trail dust. I follow right behind "W". "A" goes at the end. The humans figured out why I was sneezing and cleaned off the dust so I could see and breathe!

3 paws

Lightning Lakes Loop, July 14

Manning Prov. Park

Approx. 9 k

Easy, level, lakeshore trail.

soft trailbed

lots of people until you get past the first lake.

take a leash

lots of swimming

shady and cool

2 paws

No comments: