Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lac Du Bois Grasslands Park











Oct. 18
Dew Drop Trail, approx 14k

I got to chase some deer through the forest today! W & A were party poopers and scared the deer off by calling "Chili, Chili, come here boy".
Gee whiz. I just wanted to play.

there are some cool little caves and some crazy holey rocks on the trail.
lots of the trees are covered with green fuzz
this is a hot place
there is no water for drinking.
the trail is smooth with only a few rocky places
no other hikers

3 paws up

Oct. 19
Mara Hill trail, approx. 6k

Rattle Snakes
I did not leave the trail
wandering off trail could be dangerous for a short little gaffer like me.

Hot, no shade
dry, no water
few hikers,
easy level trail
I got cacti stuck in my paws a couple of times
there are deer
it is hard to resist wandering through the wide open spaces, maybe you'll want a leash
2 paws up


No comments: