Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sticks and String

















How do you like this new sweater? You will never believe this, but it was made by magic. Grandma did it for me. I watched her doing it. She made it using sticks and string. I have some experience with sticks and I am no stranger to string, tug-of-war is one of my favorite games. But I could never make a sweater from sticks and string!


It's a good sweater and I got to wear it today on Mt. Rose. I went up there on the snowshoe trail with the humans. You might remember my trail report from Mt. Rose in the fall. There were lots of good tracks for sniffing; the deer tracks with their tangy twig scent, and rabbit tracks disappearing under the bushes. I got to sniff mouse tracks and I wondered if he might have been drunk the way he had zigged and zagged all over the place. Hope he got home OK.


When we got to the top of the mountain it looked much different from the way it had in fall. Of course the snow was everywhere. But also, the trees were covered with beautiful frozen thorns. I wonder if the thorns are like leaves and they will fall off when the seasons change?

No comments: