Tuesday, March 17, 2009

sunbeam

Lately I've been having company. It's a sunbeam that comes into the kitchen. It seems to be shy and never goes into any other room. Although I know the kitchen window is always closed, I think that's how it gets in. Maybe it has some kind of beam magic to get through the glass. Anyway, when it comes in, it likes to sleep on the kitchen floor. This is lucky for me. The sunbeam does not mind snuggling, so I can lay down with it. It makes a nice warm spot on the floor and I really like that. I do have to pay attention, though. The sunbeam will slowly and quietly try to sneak away from me. I always fall asleep with the sunbeam and when I wake up feeling cold and lonely, I know it escaped on me. I've been spending time lately sitting and looking at the kitchen window, waiting for the sunbeam. The humans mistakenly think I'm looking at the cookie jar and give me a cookie. So whether the sunbeam arrives or not, I win! I love being me.

No comments: