Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who's Christmas?


ZZZZZ
The humans are going on and on about Christmas coming. They're buying stuff, baking stuff, putting sparkly lights in the trees in our front yard. I never got this kind of welcome when I got here. When I got here there wasn't even anyone home! And worse yet, I found myself in a cage. I wasn't sure if I was a puppy or a specimen at the zoo. The cage didn't last long, I made sure of that. I shone my cuteness all over the humans, and presto! no cage!
I'm not sure I'm happy about Christmas coming. Is there going to be a competition between us? I'm used to being the centre of attention around here. I wonder what Christmas will be like? Probably not as much fun as Grandma. She's always got time for me; walks, belly rubs, tricks and treats.
I'll continue to wait and watch the antics of the humans as they get ready for the arrival of Christmas. As a matter of fact I think I'll get into my basket and take a little nap to pass the time.
Oh and one more thing, when Christmas shows up here, he better have his own dog dish, 'cause I have no intention of sharing my kibble with him.

No comments: